Well, that winter weather has finally hit us, Calgarians are being hit hard with bad road conditions and lots of snow. Obviously commuting in this weather is a concern for most, so there's lots of ways to be kept informed on the City of Calgary's progress with snow removal, road closures and/or snow route parking bans:
• Check out the City of Calgary website
• Call 3-1-1 or download the City of Calgary app
• Follow @cityofcalgary or check #yycroads on Twitter
• Check local media stations: TV, radio
In the meantime, the City has posted these tips on safe driving:
- Tune up and winterize your vehicle.
- Consider installing appropriate tires to the season.
- Clean snow and ice off your vehicle and ensure your lights and your windows are clear.
- Give yourself extra time to reach your destination.
- Reduce your speed and turn on your headlights.
- Drive defensively.
- Leave extra distance between you and the car ahead of you.
- When road conditions are difficult, consider using Calgary Transit.
- Consider delaying your trip until the roads are in better condition.