Stampede 2016 kicks off this week, and if there's one thing our city is famous for this time of year, it's free pancake breakfasts all over the city. The Free Stampede Pancakes website and app have a full list of where to enjoy free breakfast every day of the festival, but here's where to check out breakfasts in southwest Calgary:
- West Springs/Cougar Ridge: this breakfast is put on by WSCRCA on Saturday, July 9 from 9 a.m to noon at 85th St. and 9 Avenue in front of Fergus & Bix. *This is a $5 breakfast but all proceeds go to charity.
- Glamorgan: this is put on by the Glamorgan Church at 4715 45 St SW, and runs Saturday, July 9 from 9am -11am.
- Westside Rec Centre: as the name says, this breakfast is put on by the Westside Rec Centre at 2000 69 St SW. This is open from 9:00am till 11:00am, rain or shine on Saturday, July 9.
- Strathcona: this event is at the Centre Street Church at 277 Strathcona Dr SW, on Saturday, July 9 at 9am.
- Aspen Landing: Enjoy the Aspen Landing breakfast at 17 Ave SW & 85 St SW, Saturday, July 10 from 9:00 am to Noon.
- West Springs: this event is at the West Springs Free Methodist Church at 742 85 St SW, on Sunday July 10th from 10 am.
- Springbank: Head to 155 MacLaurin Drive, Springbank Airport for the Calgary Flying Club breakfast on Sunday, July 10th at 8am.
- Marda Loop: head to the Marda Loop Community Association 3130 16 St SW on July 16 at 9am for this free breakfast.