This is the second installment of a new blog series on southwest Calgary communities. These blogs will give you a rundown of crucial information you should know about living in or moving to these communities, and where you should definitely check out in those communities.
Today, here's a look at Discovery Ridge in southwest Calgary:
When the community of Discovery Ridge first began construction in 1990, it was planned to be a gated community, but the area we know today is fully accessible by the public. Located at the southwest edge of the city, the neighbourhood is home to approximately 4,350 people.
RESTAURANTS & CAFES
- Javino Coffee & Wine Bar: Enjoy bistro-style comfort food, paired with an assortment of wines and coffees at this casually elegant spot. The menu features everything from lamb to lobster cakes, but be sure to check out their beverage selection as well. Located at: 902 – 10 Discovery Ridge Hill SW.
Maharajah Indian Restaurant: This traditional Indian restaurant believes in real fresh ingredients and can cater to any spice level from mild to extra spicy. Located at: 912, 10 Discovery Ridge Hill SW.
- Griffith Woods Park: Discovery Ridge borders this beautiful park with over 93 hectares of pathways, woodlands and trails, perfect for hikers, cyclists and outdoor enthusiasts. Located at: Discovery Ridge Cove SW.
- Jennie Elliott School: This school serves students from kindergarten to grade six. It is situated on 6.36 acres and has an enrollment of 465. Located at: 3031 Lindsay Drive SW.
- Bishop Pinkham: This school serves students from grades seven to nine, and offers classes in French Immersion and Spanish bilingual. It has an enrollment of 504 students. Located at: 3304 – 63 Avenue SW.
- Central Memorial High School: This school serves students from grades 10 to 12, with an enrollment of 1,597. It is a National Sport Academy School and offers advanced placement. Located at: 5111 – 21 Street SW.
- John W. Costello: This school serves students from kindergarten to grade six, in school code three. Located at 300 Strathcona Drive SW.
- St. Gregory: This school serves students from grade six to nine, in school code 48. It also offers choice programming for Hockey Canada Skills Academy for students grade six to nine. Located at: 5340 – 26 Avenue SW.
- Bishop Carroll: This school serves students in grades 10 to 12. It offers advanced placement, self-directed learning, and sports performance programs. Located at: 4624 Richard Road SW.
CURRENT REAL ESTATE
- 42 listings
- Average listing price: $609,851
For a list of current active listings in Discovery Ridge, check here.