The Calgary Stampede officially begins this Friday, July 7th, and there's a lot of free breakfasts to enjoy every day during the 10-day festival.
A list of all the (mostly) free Stampede breakfasts this year can be found online here, but I've compiled a list of ones in the southwest communities I work in (which also includes a few lunch events).
- Bud and Burgers: July 8 at 12pm at 5522 Signal Hill Centre SW. Free BBQ and Budweiser tasting.
- Annual WSCRCA Charity Stampede Breakfast: July 8 at 9am at 85 Street and 9 Avenue SW. Head to West Springs Village for a breakfast in support of Alberta Children's Hospital Foundation.
- Westside Recreation Centre: July 8 at 9am at 2000 - 69 Street SW. Rain or shine join the Stampede Caravan at Westside until 11am.
- Westside King's Church: July 9 at 9am at 3939 - 69 Street SW. Lots of family-friendly activities and free breakfasts.
- Wendy T's Annual Gluten-Free Stampede Breakfast: July 8 at 9am at 3130 16 Street SW. Heads to the Marda Loop Community Centre for a gluten-free breakfast. Marda Loop community members are free, $5 an individual otherwise. Gluten-free donations to the Calgary Food Bank are also being accepted.
- Marda Loop Community Association: July 15 at 9am at 3130 - 16 Street SW. Pancakes, sausages and live country music. For the kids there is face painting, bouncy castles and more fun.
- Pancake Sunday: July 9 at 9:30am at 134 Scarboro Avenue SW. Come for pancakes, live music and more.
- Coach Hill Patterson Heights: July 10 at 8:30am at Old Banff Coach Road and Patterson Boulevard SW. Food, live music, dancing, bouncy castles and more. Free to attend but donations are accepted.
- Springbank Stampede Breakfast: July 14 at 7:30am at 30 Springborough Boulevard SW. Pancake breakfast, live music, petting zoo, inflatable bouncy house, carnival games and more.