Last week, Avenue Magazine released their 2017 Calgary's Best Neighbourhoods list, and Signal Hill was among the top ranked communities.
Sitting in the number five spot for all of Calgary, the southwest community of Signal Hill is situated near Sarcee Trail, on the hillside of Battalion Park.
With 13,616 people calling this community home, there are many reasons Calgarians living in Signal Hill have it made.
The west-end neighbourhood of Signal Hill is easily identified by the striking geoglyphs on the hillside at Battalion Park. The large-scale installation of whitewashed stones placed to create groupings of numbers serves as a memorial to the Albertan soldiers who fought in the First World War in battalions 137, 113, 151 and 51. This unique fusion of heritage and public art sets Signal Hill apart — as does the exceptional shopping at the base of the hill. [Avenue Magazine]
Based on the research from Avenue Magazine in this year's survey, here's how Signal Hill stacked up:
- 57 walk score
- 85.87 engagement score
- 42 transit score
- 63.45 crime rate
- 3.3% commuters who walk or bike
More information for people looking at moving into Signal Hill:
- Battalion Park School: This school serves students from kindergarten to grade six. It has an enrollment of 634. Located at: 369 Sienna Park Drive SW
- A.E. Cross School: This school serves students from grades seven to nine. It is situated on 13.8 acres, and has an enrollment of 594. Located at: 3445 – 37 Street SW
- Ernest Manning High School: This public school serves grades 10 to 12, and is situated in a brand new LEED certified building. Located at: 369 Sienna Park Drive SW
- John W. Costello: This school serves students from kindergarten to grade six, in school code three. Located at: 300 Strathcona Drive SW
- St. Gregory: This school serves students from grade six to nine, in school code 48. It also offers choice programming for Hockey Canada Skills Academy for students grade six to nine. Located at: 5340 – 26 Avenue SW
- Bishop Carroll: This school serves students in grades 10 to 12. It offers advanced placement, self-directed learning, and sports performance programs. Located at: 4624 Richard Road SW
FITNESS & RECREATION
- Westside Recreation Centre: Focused on health and wellness for all ages and ability levels. Offering fitness classes, exercise room, climbing wall, aquatic centre and various sports courts. Located at: 2000, 69 Street SW
Find out properties available in Signal Hill, or what your Signal Hill property is worth here.