This week is Seniors' Week in Calgary, celebrating the contributions of seniors in our city and communities. This is a joint awareness week between the City of Calgary and Seniors Advisory Council of Alberta.
Here's a list of events for Seniors Week this week:
- Laps for Life – A walkathon: June 6-10, 12 to 1pm at the Ogden Seniors 50+ Activity Centre (2102 - 69 Avenue SE).
- Fort Calgary: June 6 to 12, 9am to 5pm daily at Fort Calgary (750 9 Avenue SE).
- Free entry to Genesis Centre: June 6 to 12, 9am to 12pm daily at Genesis Centre (7555 Falconridge Boulevard SE).
- Drawing and Painting Workshop: June 7, 11am to 3:30pm at Parkdale Nifty-Fifties Social Club
(3512 5 Avenue NW).
- Free entry to Glenbow Museum: June 7, 9am to 5pm at Glenbow Museum (130 - 9 Avenue SE).
- Seniors' Week Celebration: June 7, 11:30am to 1:30pm at Kerby Centre
(1133 7 Avenue SW).
- Active Aging Think Tank: June 7, 1pm to 4pm, register at email@example.com.
- World Elder Abuse Awareness Day: June 7, 10am to 11:30am at Village Square Leisure Centre (2623 - 56 Street NE).
- Seniors Cultural Festival: June 9, 1pm to 3pm at Genesis Centre (7555 Falconridge Boulevard NE).
- Community Fair: June 11, 11am to 3pm at 47 Street and 8 Avenue SE.
More information on these events can be found on the City of Calgary website here, as well as resources on how the City is making Calgary more age-friendly.