This Friday marks an important holiday, Remembrance Day. While you are away from the office, ensure you find time to honour veterans and those who have passed standing up for our country.
Here's a list of places in southwest Calgary hosting Remembrance Days ceremonies or events:
- Batalion Park: November 11 from 10am to 12pm, the fifth annual ceremony at Batalian Park (3001 Signal Hill Dr. S.W.).
- Military Museums: November 11 at 10:30am, service is free at Military Museums (4520 Crowchild Trail SW).Donations will be accepted for the Veterans Food Bank.
- Chinook Centre: November 11 at 11am at Chinook Centre (6455 Macleod Tr. S.W.).
- Peace Park: November 11 from 12:30 to 2:30 pm at Peace Park (2 Ave. and 8 St. S.W).The ceremony includes the sharing of stories of war and refugees, and a discussion of the importance of peace-building.
- Central Memorial Park: November 11 from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm at Central Memorial Park (1221 2 St. S.W.). Stand by the First World War statue or the Boer War Memorial equestrian statue to remember fallen soldiers, includes a parade by Calgary Highlanders as well.
- Kerby Centre: November 11 at 10:30 am, service includes live music and refreshments. Kerby Centre (1133 7 Ave. S.W.)
There are also Remembrance Day ceremonies behing held at various legions across Calgary, for more information visit their website. For a more in-depth list of Remembrance Day ceremonies being held throughout Calgary, see this link from Avenue Magazine.