Since the year of the flood, Neighbour Day has become an annual celebration in June that gives neighbours an opportunity to come together for fun and community events. Neighbour Day celebrates the spirit of the city, through barbecues, parties, picnics, community cleanups or other forms of events.
This Saturday, June 18th is #yycNeighbourDay, and to find out if there's an event in your neighbourhood, check with your community association or browse the hashtag on Twitter to see what's coming up this weekend.
- Date, time and location of the event
- Estimated number of attendees
- Type of event
- Contact information
- Reach out to neighbours, businesses or community associations for help
- Register the event online here
- Find out about permits you may need online here
- Check out the City of Calgary resources section for planning your event
If you know of any southwest community Neighbour Day events, please let me know, I'd love to add them to this post.