Moving day can bring with it extra work and a little stress, but if you plan ahead it can be a breeze. Here's some tips to keep in mind, and hopefully make the big day a little easier on you:
• Keep medications, important documents, cash, etc. with you and not with any movers or in boxes. You'll want access to these things throughout the day.
• Small knife or box cutter to help you get open boxes easily.
• Keep some cleaning supplies at easy access, you'll likely want to give everything a quick wipe down before you start unpacking.
• Bring some garbage bags and/or recycling bins for all the excess garbage, boxes you'll have post-unpacking.
• Tool kit: you'll need this for small repairs, putting together furniture, etc. You'll want to ensure this is not packed away as well.
• First aid kit: you never know when this may come in handy!
• Paper plates/utensils, in case you get a little hungry before you unpack the kitchen.
• Keep a notepad and pen on you in case things come up while you're unpacking/moving that you'll want to remember. You'll be surprised how much this will come in handy.