According to the latest luxury real estate report from RE/MAX Canada, sales of homes over $1-million are up in Calgary for the first seven months of 2017.
Relatively stable energy prices over the last few months helped provide a boost to Calgary’s luxury market, with sales for properties over $1 million up 21 per cent year-over-year in 2017. Consumer confidence grew over the first seven months of the year with the gradual recovery of the province’s oil sector, and there remains a good mix of inventory in the city, including in the upper-end of the market. The most expensive property sold between January and July this year was a condo unit that sold for $6 million, while the typical luxury buyer continues to be families looking for detached homes. [RE/MAX Canada]
Here's a breakdown of luxury home sales so far this year, compared to 2016 in Calgary:
- 359 houses sold between $1 - 2 million, up 22% year of year.
- 30 condos sold between $1 - 2 million, increase from 18 last year.
- 6 homes sold at $3 million or higher, compared to 4 last year.
- Highest house sale price was $5,600,000 compared to $3,700,000 in 2016.
- Highest condo sale price so far was $6,000,000.
If you're in the market for a luxury home, please contact me, I work in many high profile southwest communities.