Fall landscaping is already underway, and Halloween is just around the corner, so it's time to start thinking about what you're going to do with all those leaves and leftover pumpkins after October. The City of Calgary runs an annual leaf and pumpkin composting program, and it's running right now until November 8th.
During this period of time, Calgarians are able to bring their bagged leaves and pumpkins to a drop-off location, there are 36 locations around the city and several right in Southwest Calgary:
- Braeside Athletic Park (256 Brookpark Drive SW)
- Glamorgan Community Centre (4207 - 41 Avenue SW)
- Haysboro Community Centre (1204 - 89 Avenue SW)
- Marda Loop Communities Association (3130 - 16 Street SW)
- North Glenmore Park (6615 - 37 Street SW)
- Optimist Athletic Park (5020 - 26 Avenue SW)
- Shawnessy Community Park (Shawnigan Drive at Shawbrooke Close SW)
- South Glenmore Park (90 Avenue and 24 Street SW)
- Stanley Park (330 - 42 Avenue SW)
- Wildwood Community Centre (4411 Spruce Drive SW)
- Woodbine Athletic Park (12625 - 24 Street SW)
A full list of Calgary drop-off locations, and more on this program, are available on the City of Calgary website.