The last long weekend of the summer is approaching, and if you're planning on sticking around town, there's some great events happening in southwest Calgary.
- Calgary Highland Games: enjoy all things Scottish at one of the most prestigious Highland events in the west. Fun for the whole family, Saturday, September 3 at Springbank Park for all Seasons (32224A Springbank Road SW). More information here.
- Champions' Welcome Tournament: this is a free family event, a warm-up to the Masters Tournament at Spruce Meadows. Come out September 1 to 3 to Spruce Meadows (18011 Spruce Meadows Way SW), more information here.
- Shaw Charity Classic: PGA champions are hitting the links in Calgary this week at Canyon Meadows Golf Club (12501 - 14th Street SW). The tournament runs August 31 to September 3, details and tickets available here.
- Calgary Pride Parade: the annual Pride Festival runs its parade on Sunday, September 4th along 9 Avenue SW. Parade route and festival details here.
- Marda Pride: to support Pride in Calgary, Marda Loop is putting on its own pride festival day with businesses, vendors, activities, entertainment and more. Taking place on September 3 on 34 Avenue SW, details here.
If you're looking for more things to do around the city this weekend, here's a complete guide to events via ToDoCanada.com.