The last long weekend of the summer is approaching, and if you're planning on sticking around town, there's some great events happening in southwest Calgary.
- Calgary Highland Games: enjoy all things Scottish at one of the most prestigious Highland events in the west. Fun for the whole family, Saturday, September 2 at Springbank Park for all Seasons (32224A Springbank Road SW). More information here.
- Champions' Welcome Tournament: this is a free family event, a warm-up to the Masters Tournament at Spruce Meadows. Come out August 31 to September 2 to Spruce Meadows (18011 Spruce Meadows Way SW), more information here.
- Shaw Charity Classic: PGA champions are hitting the links in Calgary this week at Canyon Meadows Golf Club (12501 - 14th Street SW). The tournament runs August 30 to September 3, details and tickets available here.
- Calgary Pride Parade: the annual Pride Festival runs its parade on Sunday, September 3rd along a new route at 6th Street SW. Parade route and festival details here.
- Marda Pride: to support Pride in Calgary, Marda Loop is putting on its own pride festival day with businesses, vendors, activities, entertainment and more. Taking place on September 2 on 34 Avenue SW from 1 to 4pm, details here.
- Canada 150 Celebration on the Hill: Saturday, September 2nd, this is a co-hosted event with the communities of Coach Hill, Patterson, Springbank Hill, Signal Hill, Strathcona, Christie Park, Aspen Woods, West Springs and Cougar Ridge. The event runs from 9am to 4pm and features a citizenship ceremony, pancake breakfast, family areas, BBQ lunch and open house. Happening at 277 Strathcona Drive SW.
If you're looking for more things to do around the city this weekend, here's a complete guide to events via Tourism Calgary.