In one week, Halloween is here, but the events to celebrate are already starting this week. There are a number of adult-only and family-friendly Halloween events going on in Calgary, but here's the kid-friendly ones happening this week:
- Halloween movies at Buttermilk: this is a popular waffle restaurant on 17th Avenue SW, and tonight and next Monday (October 31st) they are showing Halloween films. Tonight is "Rocky Horror Picture Show", next Monday is "Shawn of the Dead". More information.
- Ghoul's Night Out: Heritage Park this family-friendly night out from October 27 to October 30th, perfect for kids aged three to nine. There are a variety of activities and Halloween-themed things happening. Full schedule, details and more.
- Zombie Thriller Flash Mob: be at Southcentre Mall on October 29th at 3pm for the annual Zombie Thriller Flash Mob, more details here.
- Monster Mash-Up at Telus Spark: October 29 and 30, kids can experience Halloween-themed science fun at Telus Spark. Lots of activities happening, full schedule and what to look forward to.
- Calgary Civic Symphony Space: this Sunday, dress up as your favourite Star Wars or Stark Trek character, and hear music from the famous franchises. Plus, take part in a pre-show costume parade. Details here.
For a list of adult-only Halloween events, see this guide from Where Calgary.