This weekend, Culture Days is kicking off in Canada, and there's some great events happening around our city and in southwest Calgary as well.
The seventh annual Culture Days weekend will take place September 30, October 1 and 2, 2016, and will feature thousands of free, hands-on, interactive activities that invite the public to participate “behind-the-scenes,” to discover the world of artists, creators, heritage experts, architects, curators, designers and other creative people in their communities. [Culture Days]
Here's a roundup of the Culture Days events happening in southwest Calgary this weekend:
- Artist talk with Terrance Houle: October 1, 1 to 2:30pm; 203, 351 - 11 Ave SW
- AlterNATIVE: Indigenous Media Arts: September 30, 7 to 9pm; 203, 351 - 11 Ave SW
- Brazilian Heat: October 1, 6 to 9pm; 1315 - 7 Street SW
- Piano Concert for the Community: September 30, 12 to 1pm; 707 - 8 Ave SW
- Free Creative Kids Painting Class: October 2, 1 to 2pm; A202, 200 Barclay Parade SW
- "An Introduction to Drone Music" Youth Workshop: October 1, 1 to 3pm; 1120 - 17 Ave SW
- Kerby Expo: October 1, 9am to 4pm; 1133 - 7 Ave SW
A complete list of the Culture Days activities happening around Calgary this weekend can be found online here. To kick things off in our city, the City of Calgary is hosting a Culture Days Block Party at Olympic Plaza, September 30 from 11am to 2pm.