We're a few days away from July long weekend, as Canada Day hits on Friday, July 1st. If you're looking for a fun way to ring in Canada's birthday and celebrate your holiday day off, here's a roundup of events happening in southwest Calgary.
Canada & Dominion Day at Heritage Park
- Before 1982, Canada Day was known as Dominion Day, so Heritage Park is having a celebration
- Free admission and pancake breakfast for the first 2,016 guests in before 10:30am
- Dominion Day Parade
- Kids crafts, entertainment, games and live theatre
- 9:30am to 5pm
- Heritage Park (1900 Heritage Drive SW)
Calaway Comic Fest for Kids
- Dress in your favourite superhero costume
- Artist market, face painting and photos
- 10am to 7pm
- Calaway Park (245033 Range Road Road 33)
There's a lot of free events being hosted by the City of Calgary all around the downtown area, so here's a full guide to everything else going on around the city.