As 2017 is drawing to a close, we can all look back and reflect on what made headlines over the past year. Based on my own online networks, these stories had the most traction this past year on social media:
- The opening of Distilled Beauty Bar and Social House in Marda Loop was surprisingly my most-read story from 2017.
But the cafe, which occupies a prime spot next door to Village Ice Cream in the Marda Loop district, isn’t just a coffee shop. It serves espresso drinks, pastries and tapas; as you head further back into the long, narrow room you find a nail bar, a row of comfy pedicure stations, a blow-out bar, massage rooms and even a small event space. Once Distilled receives its liquor license, it will also serve beer and wine. [Avenue Magazine]
- News about the SW ring road project made some positive highlights this year, aside from the progress, the project would be creating 300 jobs in our city.
- After the big snow dump in November, many of you took to my blog to read some of the safe winter driving tips I had posted.
- Updates on the South Calgary/Altadore and Marda Loop projects from the City of Calgary, were closely followed this past year.
- A look at the Currie development in southwest Calgary piqued the interest of many of my followers as well.
The total number of residential units for the Currie project will be 5,700 on completion. The first two phases are either complete or under construction. There are about 600 residential units with a diverse mix between single and multi-family homes. [CREB Now]
- And finally, an article outlining the most luxurious homes in Calgary and the most expensive listings in southwest Calgary, brought in lots of readers to this CBC piece.
And from my family to yours, Happy New Year and all the best in 2018!